20 Things I Want to Do This November
And just like that, it’s November. Doesn’t it seem like there is no transition between the end of October and the start of November at all? It’s unforgiving. It’s like we spend all October leading up to this be-all-end-all event where we all eat our body weight in candy and wear costumes. Then suddenly, it’s all gone when we wake up and the orange lights and spooky decorations have to come down immediately.
October was great. I started a new job, joined a different gym, picked out and decorated a pumpkin, and even climbed Sleeping Giant Mountain with my dad (the latter I hadn’t done in years). I went to Trader Joes for the first time in months (since I don’t have transportation to one here) and stocked up on everything cider and pumpkin-flavored imaginable. I breathed fresh air. I crunched leaves under my feet. I admired the New England foliage. So what’s in store this November? I scratched together a to-do list.
- Recreate delicious oatmeal chocolate chip coconut cookies that I made last month
- Locate the best chai latte in Midtown East
- Be given the token fall coffee cup by Starbucks at least once (seriously, why are they always out?)
- Instagram a picture of Mums
- Work out at least three times a week
- Write for an hour every day
- Make it to more than one yoga class this month
- Go on a car ride to do some New England-bound leaf peeping
- Restock my canvas supply and paint more often
- Walk for an hour at least every day
- Call the people I love more often
- Spend more time reading at Pier A
- Go back to Le Vain for some more chocolate chip cookies
- Spend approximately 50% of my paycheck stocking up for the winter a la Trader Joes
- Read at least one book
- Pick out my work outfits the night before
- Schedule a more strict regimen for my blog
- Try a new dish once a week
- Ponder what and who I’m genuinely grateful for
- Listen to the new Adele song without crying
What are your November plans? Is there anything you’re really looking forward to this month?